Life Update: We`re Building Our Dream House

DSC_0833

Hello, everyone! As you can see from the title, I have some big news. My husband and I are building our dream house, and it’s such an amazing feeling when hard work pays off. I know that this year I was inconsistent with my blogging, but I had to prioritise work and my personal life. As much as I enjoy blogging, it’s not even a side hustle, cause I am not making any money out of it. And don’t get me wrong, it’s a hobby that I love, but sometimes I have to take breaks in order to accomplish my dreams. Long story short: I worked many hours to save money, but it was all worth it.

Last year I decided to continue my master and return home, but it turns out that life had other plans. In a few months, we’ll start building, and I cannot describe how excited I am. Although we’re building our house back home in Romania, we decided to stay here for 3 more years. We have good jobs and we can save more money, so it makes more sense. As for my studies, I’ve decided to do an online digital marketing class. It’s not the same as getting my Masters degree, but at least I am not giving up on my studies.

A few of my friends were surprised that we’re not trying to buy a house here. To be honest, the prices in here are ridiculous. We may have good jobs, but we’ll be forever in debt. When my husband and I talked about the costs of our dream house in Romania, we realised that we’d spend 30k tops. Less than 30 grand for a 3 bedroom house, with a big living room and kitchen. Even if we were to leave London, we’d still not be able to get anything like that in here. And it’s scary to think that we’ll start our own business home, but at least we’ll know we have a place to stay. If something goes wrong, we have family and friends there. So the future sounds pretty exciting.

Since I am trying to be more responsible with my money, I adopted a more minimalist lifestyle. This is a trend that I’ll address in depth in future posts, cause despite the ”scary” connotations, I truly believe it’s a lifestyle you have to adapt to your needs. This year and especially the last months have made me reevaluate my choices, and I made some drastic changes. I am so much happier with where I am now, and I hope that you’ll be able to see it in my blog posts. I feel like I found my voice again, and I can’t wait to talk about the topics that interest me, not just those in demands. So stay tuned!

Share:

1. 01/11/2018 / 8:45 am

That is super exciting! You’d barely get a shed here for that price! xx

Beautylymin

• 01/11/2018 / 6:39 pm

We almost had a heart attack when we looked at the prices here. Even outside London the prices are ridiculous.

• 01/11/2018 / 6:40 pm

Definitely trying to make minimalism work for me. I do love collecting books and antique, so I am not a full minimalist. But you have to make everything fit into your lifestyle.

2. 01/11/2018 / 11:09 pm

Awww congratulations Georgiana, this is such exciting news! The house prices in the UK and London in particular are insane. Hope everything works out for you and your husband xx
    Coco Bella Blog

• 05/11/2018 / 6:54 pm

Thank you so much! Really looking forward to arguing over kitchen tiles:))

• 05/11/2018 / 6:54 pm

If it were up to me, I` probably order the furniture before the house is done:))

3. 02/11/2018 / 10:11 pm

Wow such an achievement to own a home, congrats

4. 03/11/2018 / 10:37 am

Wow fantastic news, I would love to do this one day and look forward to your future posts. I could definitely do with some minimalist advice as I feel surrounded by clutter everywhere I go but cannot seem to throw anything away. Why am I like this? Thanks for sharing, have a great weekend! Xx

ALittleKiran | Bloglovin

• 05/11/2018 / 6:56 pm

I am still learning about minimalism, and although I have a long way to go, I am better at not buying useless junk. Hopefully it`s a movement I`ll fully embrace soon.

5. yiota
    04/11/2018 / 8:23 am

That’s so exciting, good for you!! Houses are so expensive here too, you barely get a 3 bedroom house for under 200,000 and I am not willing to be in debt for 30 years. Looking forward to hearing more!! x

Yiota

• 05/11/2018 / 6:57 pm

Yes, the prices are ridiculous. Even if we were considering applying for a loan, we would have had troubles, cause we`re Romanians. Oh well, it all turned out for the best.

• 05/11/2018 / 6:58 pm

It`s very exciting, we constantly bicker over decorating ideas:))

6. Lauren Brooker
    06/11/2018 / 12:38 pm

Oh how exciting! I can’t wait to see the plans come into place x

Lauren | itslaurenvictoria.co.uk

• 10/11/2018 / 8:28 am

Really looking forward to share this journey with everyone here.

7. Pam
    08/11/2018 / 8:46 am

amazing that you are building a house. We’re going to buy here next year hopefully but I agree, prices are scary! haha
    Pam xo/ Pam Scalfi♥

• 10/11/2018 / 8:28 am

Good luck with buying, hope you find a nice house at a decent price.