August Statistics, September Blogging Goals and Liebster Award

For years, this blog was my safe space, where I could be myself and have my sarcastic opinions taken into consideration. But after a long blogging break, I was back more motivated than ever. And I want to take everything to another level. I know it sounds shady, but I did not pay much attention to statistics before. I was and still am the happiest if one of my posts gets more than 10 comments. For me, blogging is mainly about interacting with others.

While I`m your typical beauty blogger, I`m also an immigrant and someone that suffers from depression. I have strong opinions on controversial matters. I want my voice to be heard. And numbers play a big role in that. That`s why from now on I want to give myself small goals to see if I`m making any progress. Obviously, I don`t want to be the next Zoella. Personally, I wouldn`t be comfortable with being a “big name” because I know that will also attract trolls. I`m working on my confidence and I don`t want someone behind a screen to tear me to pieces. Like I said, small numbers to see if my efforts are working out.

August Statistics

At the end of August, I had the following number of followers.

Bloglovin – 908 followers

Twitter – 464 followers

Pinterest – 33 followers

Instagram – 44 followers

Horrible, I know! But here`s the deal. I recently made a new Instagram account, as my other one became my Bookstagram one. I was using my Facebook to log into Instagram, but I`ve decided to create a separate account. I don`t want everyone I know in real life to know about this blog. In Romania blogging is something not taken seriously. So, in case you were wondering what`s with all my crazy accounts, that`s the story.

I`m actually making progress with Twitter, as I had only 250 followers 3 months ago. My Bloglovin number has been static for a year now and I`ll admit, I`m having trouble raising the numbers. Sadly, Pinterest seems to be a lost cause for me. I don`t know how others get their traffic from there because I see no results even after joining Tailwind.

Blogging for so long, these numbers are discouraging. But I`ll be honest and be the first to admit that I wasn`t paying much attention to my social media. I mainly promote my posts by interacting with others and it works pretty well. But I am smart enough to know that social media is essential and I want to be more active. I started joining Twitter chats and found some amazing bloggers. Like I said, my Instagram is new, but I`m confident it will take off. The only ones that worry me are Pinterest and Bloglovin.

September Goals

Bloglovin – 1k followers

Twitter – 550 followers

Pinterest – 55 followers (lol)

Instagram – 150 followers

The lovely Demilade from Coco-Bella Blog nominated me for a Liebster Award, so thank you so much! If you don`t follow her, please do. She is a very lovely girl, with a unique perspective on things. So here are the questions Demilade asked me:

1. Why did you start blogging?
I`ve been reading blogs for years and I always wanted to start one but lacked the courage. When I moved to London,  I decided it`s a great way of interacting with others.

2. Biggest lesson blogging has taught you?
To be more outgoing. I`m quite a shy and self-conscious person, but attending a couple of events made me feel more confident.

3. What are some principles you live by?
I always try to be honest with others and with myself. There are moments when we struggle in life, but we should always face them with integrity.

4. What are some of your best self-care practices?
Put yourself first. I know it sounds selfish, but there`s only so much you can do. I try to help my family and friends as much as possible, but that would not be possible if I get sick. So when I feel exhausted, I take some time off and focus on myself.

5. A book you recommend everyone to read?
I am a self-proclaimed bookworm and I even have a blog dedicated to books, Carmen`s Reading Corner. So it`s hard to choose, but I`ll go with “To Kill A Mockingbird”. It teaches us some important lessons about racism and perverted social norms.

6. Your favourite comfort food and why?
I don`t really have one, but when I`m feeling down I reach for chocolate.

7. One thing you wish you could tell your younger self?
Stop trying to fit in. In college, you`ll meet your best friends and future husband, which will love you for who you are. Don`t be a party girl just because you want people to like you. Because those party friends will be nowhere when you`ll need them.

8. One thing you want to achieve before the year runs out?
I`d like to achieve my Goodreads reading goal. I`ve been in a reading slump for weeks and I haven`t been reading a lot, which makes me feel bad.

9. Dream holiday destination and why?
I am fascinated by Japanese culture, so I`d like to visit Tokyo.

10. What`s your biggest pet peeve?
Rude people. Words have consequences and I don`t think it`s OK to bring someone down just because you`re having a crap day.

11. What`s your morning routine like?
I try to wake up around 7.30-8, have a healthy breakfast, check my blog comments and reply to them. I also used to read for an hour, but not since my reading slump.

Demilade, thanks again for nominating me. As this is my fourth or fifth Liebster Award, I`m not going to nominate anyone, as I tagged most of the people I interact with. But if you want to do it, feel free to answer Demilade`s questions. And don`t forget to check out her blog.

1. Yiotou_La
    04/09/2017 / 1:42 pm

Congratulations on your nomination. It's great to set goals, I do it all the time but I fail most of the times haha, I mostly struggle with bloglovin and instagram, I gave up on Pinterest a while ago since I didn't like it (I must be the only one!). Good luck with your goals!YiotaPinkDaisyLoves

19/09/2017 / 9:04 am

Love Pinterest for inspiration, but as a blogger it fails me. I even watched tutorial on Youtube and nada. Does not work for me.

2. Jacquard Flower
    04/09/2017 / 1:50 pm

Great post, I just followed you on them all hun. Have a great day! Gemma xwww.jacquardflower.uk

19/09/2017 / 9:05 am

Aww, thank you so much. Really appreciate it.

3. Velvet Blush
    04/09/2017 / 3:48 pm

Good luck with your goals! I think pinterest is hard unless you spend a lot of time on it. I've got quite a few other bloggers on there, and I recently managed to improve my following by 10(!) after pinning a lot of images in one day, but recently I just don't have the time or can't find anything to pin so it hasn't changed xx Velvet Blush

19/09/2017 / 9:05 am

Pinterest is a lost cause because even when I spend time on it, I see no results.

4. Demilade Aina
    04/09/2017 / 3:52 pm

Ooh we have so much in common Georgiana. I really want to achieve my Good Reads Challenge too, I would also love to visit Tokyo. Thank you so much for your description of me, it's tres sweet haha. Wish you good luck with your blog goals for the month <3Coco Bella Blog

19/09/2017 / 9:06 am

Thanks for nominating me. Going to Tokyo would be such a dream!

19/09/2017 / 9:06 am

Thank you very much for your kind comment.

5. Di from Max The Unicorn
    05/09/2017 / 4:34 am

Good luck achieving your statistics goals on social media! I would really love to visit Japan too some day, it looks amazing from the photos!Di from Max The Unicorn

19/09/2017 / 9:07 am

I know, everytime I see pictures from Tokyo I get the urge to pawn my belongings and visit it.

05/09/2017 / 7:36 am

take me to Japan with you! I'd love to visit one day too!And I agree bloglovin is soooo hard, I have given up on it…oops :pPam xo/ Pam Scalfiโ™ฅ

19/09/2017 / 9:08 am

When I first started using Bloglovin it was great, but now I does lack engagement.

7. Hannah Morris
    05/09/2017 / 10:57 am

Good luck with your goals! I find Pinterest so hard to grow on too, it's so hard to work xxHannah | luxuryblush

19/09/2017 / 9:08 am

Glad to see I`m not the only one discouraged by Pinterest, haha!

8. Jennifer @ MrsQBeauty
    05/09/2017 / 12:41 pm

I added your social media accounts. Good luck on your goals! I need to start reading more again. I have to check my Goodreads goal and see where I'm at. http://www.mrsqbeauty.com

19/09/2017 / 9:09 am

Thank you so much. I think I was a bit too ambitious with my Goodreads goal, but hopefully, I`ll do it.

9. Kim Alston
    05/09/2017 / 1:47 pm

Congratulations on your award! Have FUN with blogging and everything else will fall into place. You'll attract an audience that loves the same things you do.http://www.averysweetblog.com/

19/09/2017 / 9:09 am

I have my regular readers whom I love, but I do want to work hard and improve myself.

10. Kris
    06/09/2017 / 7:09 am

Congrats on the award!! Good luck on achieving your goals! Also, you got some lovely stats going on!Have an awesome day!xx Krishttps://dreamingofpink.wordpress.com

19/09/2017 / 9:10 am

Thank you! They`re not that big, so hopefully, these goals will be achievable.

11. Zeba Noor
    07/09/2017 / 10:12 am

Congratulations…you totally deserve this award.. Even i got it last month.. If you are a health and wellness conscious, read some amazing articles on organic skincare here

19/09/2017 / 9:10 am

Thank you and congrats on your award as well.

12. The Nerdy Me
    07/09/2017 / 11:10 am

Don't be discouraged by small numbers. The thing that matter the most is the engagement ๐Ÿ™‚ I had troubles with Pinterest as well but now I'm finally got a hang of it and it's now my number one traffic source! I am actually going to publish a blog post next week probably about everything I learned about Pinterest and what I did to start gaining traffic from it, if you're interested ๐Ÿ™‚ Anyways, best of luck with your goals! And don't stay upset for too long if you won't reach one or another goal, keep working toward your goals ๐Ÿ˜‰ xx-Leta | The Nerdy Me

19/09/2017 / 9:11 am

I`m very interested in that article, yes. I did watch some tutorial, but did not see any improvements. Nevertheless, it`s always good to know more.