Going Autumnal: 3 new Sleek Lipsticks

This is not an emergency procedure, I finally updated my makeup routine! There I was, cleaning my room and sorting my makeup drawers when I decided to take out my full coverage face products and my berry nail polishes and lipsticks. The only problem was that in a sea of nude and red lipsticks, I had no other shades in between. I mean, I have my brick reds and my brown nudes that are better suited for the colder months, but I`m very boring with my choices and stick to what I know. I`m tired of being predictable, so when I saw a 3 for 2 offer in Superdrug I decided to be spontaneous and got these 3 shades. Now I only need the courage to wear them outside my house:))

I`ll start with the most dramatic shade, Mulberry. This is described as a ,, sheen deep blackberry that hits all the right notes when teamed with a graphic lash look“. Now, believe it nor not, this is the only shade I wore outside, but it was for Halloween, so I was more adventurous. I don`t know when`s the next time I`ll wear this, probably to a party or goth reunion. I will admit, though, the shade is not as scary as it looks, being more of a deep burgundy. It has a very creamy formula, which makes is easy to apply and to my surprise it lasted a couple of good hours. From the sheen collection I bought Smoother as well, a very beautiful berry plum colour, which again, once you swatch it it`s a lot brighter than it looked. It has a glossy finish and it`s very creamy and comfortable to wear. I think this is my favourite shade out of all and the one I will end up wearing a lot.

I also got a matte lipstick, Vamp. This is a dark red shade and the name couldn`t be more right, it`s definitely a colour that makes you feel sexy and confident. I probably would not wear this daytime, but for a party, it would be the perfect thing to make you stand out. The only problem I have is with the formula, because even though it has Vitamin E, it`s still drying. However, this is a problem I have with most matte lipsticks because I have dry and chapped lips. If you want to apply this you definitely have to exfoliate and apply a heavy duty lip balm before, but after that, you shouldn`t have more problems.

I really like these lipsticks so far, they feel very comfortable on the lips, apply very smooth and last for a decent amount of hours (4-5 the sheen ones and over 8 the matte one, tried them all on days off). I have to say, though, I prefer the Sheen collection to the Matte one, not only is it more wearable, but it also has moisturizing ingredients, like Castor and Seed Oil. I definitely want to get more shades (obviously nudes and bright reds, back to the comfort zone), so if you have any recommendations, let me know in the comments.

Share:

1. Kay
    12/11/2015 / 11:58 am

I absolutely adore the Vamp shade, but it's a real shame that it's so drying. 🙁 I need my lippies to be hydrating, especially this time of year! I guess it could work with a layer of lip balm underneath? Thanks for sharing! xKayhttp://shoesandglitter.blogspot.co.uk/

14/11/2015 / 12:40 pm

If you apply lip balm then it`s good, yeah! Or prepare your lips 3 days in advance:))

12/11/2015 / 12:29 pm

mulberry is gorgeous! GURL wear that out of the house! Wear it to the bloggers party 😀 haha I love the shades, I might pop into Boots to have a look :p I have a purple one from this collection and yh they are very drying but I still like it :pPam xo/ Pam Scalfi♥

14/11/2015 / 12:42 pm

I`ll already be nervous enough that I`m meeting new people, can`t worry about my lipstick too. Can`t wait to see you there though!>:D<

3. MyBeautysleuth Sarah
    12/11/2015 / 6:15 pm

ooh I love a berry lip!www.MyBeautySleuth.com

14/11/2015 / 12:43 pm

They are quite nice this time of the year!

4. Georgina Marfé
    12/11/2015 / 7:43 pm

That Mulberry shade is gorgeous, I'm all about the dark plum lipsticks at the moment! If you're looking for a sheen lipstick colour that's super pigmented you should try Estée Lauder's Pure Colour Sculpting Lipsticks, they apply like a lipgloss with a wand but the colour stays in place like a lipstick – they're really smooth and moisturising too 🙂 xwww.marfmallow.com

14/11/2015 / 12:44 pm

Thanks for recommending them. At the moment they`re a bit out of my price range, but they would make a lovely Christmas present:)

5. Ela BellaWorld
    12/11/2015 / 8:45 pm

You only need to wear it once or twice to get the courage to wear them without overthinking 🙂 These shades are stunning, especially mulberry!www.elabellaworld.com

14/11/2015 / 12:45 pm

I think you`re right, it`s just that i`m so self conscious, I really need to work on that.

6. Jasmine Stewart
    12/11/2015 / 9:20 pm

I have Vamp and although I love the shade, I do agree it can be very drying xx Jasmine Talks Beauty

14/11/2015 / 12:46 pm

It`s quite a shame indeed, but it`s nothing a good lipbalm can`t fix!

7. Danielle Beautyblog
    12/11/2015 / 9:35 pm

Love the shades you've picked! Mulberry looks so vampy! Danielle's Beauty Blog

14/11/2015 / 12:47 pm

Everyone seems to love it. I only had the courage to wear in on Halloween, but I`ll try to do it again soon.

8. VelvetBlush
    12/11/2015 / 9:55 pm

I love Sleek as their product quality tends to be really good! I've always wanted to give their lipsticks a go, the three shades you've got are lovely! I don't know which I would pick out of them , I love the look of Vamp but like you I don't know if I'll wear it often but there's just something about Mulberry :)Velvet Blush | Beauty Giveaway

14/11/2015 / 12:48 pm

There are so many shades to choose from,you`ll definitely find something. If you like dark lips, then I definitely recommend Mulberry.

9. Rimanere nella memoria
    12/11/2015 / 10:25 pm

Nice Inspirations FOLLOW my Blog!!! Maybe we can follow each other!!!www.rimanerenellamemoria.de

10. Alina Bostan
    13/11/2015 / 12:55 am

I love vampy shades this time of year, they just look amazing g. I have the shade Smoother & it's so pretty, think I need to get Mulberry next x http://www.beautywithcharm.com

14/11/2015 / 12:48 pm

Smoother is my favourite out of them all, though everyone gravitates towards Mulberry.

11. Dominika
    21/11/2015 / 12:01 am

I think that the vamp shade is the most beautiful from these three shades. :)www.tobecreativehasnolimits.blogspot.com