Top 5 Friday:Drugstore Mascaras

Hello, everyone! Today marks the start of something special, the beginning of my Top 5 Friday series. I`ve been planning this for a while now, but I needed to test enough products, to have something to talk about. I mean, you can`t really make a top 5 if you tried only 1-2 products, can you now? But now my room looks like a Boots aisle, so hopefully we have enough material. I`ll start this series with a basic product, mascara. I mean, even if you don`t like wearing makeup, you still like to use a bit of mascara, to make you look more awake and make your eyes stand out. Also, while I have some high-end ones, I think drugstore mascaras are still the best. Not only are they cheap, but their quality can rival with another product 3 times more expensive. So yeah, drugstore mascaras are the bomb! Keep in mind that this top is based on my own preferences! If I did not include cult products from Maybelline or Max Factor, for instance, that does not mean I don`t like those products, it`s just that I prefer these more.

1. Bourjois Volume 1 Seconde Mascara
I absolutely love this mascara and I find the results very similar to the ones I get from Benefit’s They`re Real! Mascara. It has a small, plastic wand with wraparound spherical bristles, which mimics the design of hair salon brushes. This mascara separates, curls and coats all your lashes, without looking clumpy. You can read my review here.

2. Rimmel Scandaleyes Rockin` Curves Mascara
This mascara will give you volume like no other, it`s like you`re wearing false lashes.I really love the results of this, but the formula can be a bit wet. I don`t mind waiting for it to dry, but if you are in a hurry the result can be a bit messy. Also, while I am a fan of the HUGE brush, I know not everyone will like it. As you can see, there are a few cons, but I love how big my lashes look after I used this.

3. Soap&Glory Thick&Fast Mascara
This is a bit more expensive than my other options, but Christmas is coming and you`ll definitely find it included in many gift sets. This mascara will lengthen your lashes, add a bit of volume and definition and somewhat of a curl. (I personally curl my lashes before using this) It has a nice formula and it`s not clumpy at all. You can read my review here.

4. Essence Lash Princess Mascara
Don`t get fooled by the ridiculously cheap price, this mascara is surprisingly good. The cobra shaped wand is very similar to the one from Rimmel, but it`s a lot smaller, which makes it easier to use. Because of that, it will coat all your lashes, separate them and give them definition. For more volume it`s better to use 2 coats, but the result looks very natural. Some people say that the formula is a bit too wet, but for me it was ok. If you want to find out more, check my review.

5. Rimmel Wonder`Full Mascara
This was one of the first mascaras to have argan oil in it and a lot of people went crazy for it when it first launched. Sadly, the results are not as spectacular as expected, you need two coats to see some volume and definition. Why is it in my top 5 though? Because of the argan oil. I`m not joking, whenever I apply it my lashes feel so soft like there`s no product on them at all. This is the perfect mascara for everyday makeup, with a formula so comfortable, you won`t notice it on. You can find my review here.

So these are my favourite drugstore mascaras. Like I said, I based this top on my own preferences, but that does not mean I don`t like other mascaras. Let me know in the comments if you tried any of these and what is your favourite drugstore mascara?

Share:

16/10/2015 / 12:43 pm

you know at first I thought the Essence mascara was just not for me. I've been using it a lot more often and I find that it works actually pretty well. The wand is similar to the Maybelline Lash Sensation, dont you think? And I agree, ridiculously cheap!I have to try all the others, once my own personal aisle of Boots has diminished ;)Pam xo/ Pam Scalfi♥

05/11/2015 / 4:42 pm

That Essence mascara is the bomb!Why do people buy high-end mascaras is beyond me, drugstore is just as good. Good luck with that aisle, mine just keeps increasing:))

2. Danielle Beautyblog
    16/10/2015 / 12:59 pm

I love drugstore mascaras! Never felt the need to go high end! My favourites are False Lash Effect from Max Factor and Colossal by Maybelline! Danielle's Beauty Blog

05/11/2015 / 4:43 pm

I love False Lash Effect as well, it`s really good. Thanks for reminding me of it, I need to see in which drawer I forgot it:))

3. May Cho
    16/10/2015 / 2:33 pm

The Rimmel one sounds amazing! I'd love to see your room now, hahaha. I don't use mascara that often, honestly, because it really does nothing to awaken my hooded asian eyes, but I do love using it now and again just because, y'know, mascara. Haha, have a lovely weekend, Georgiana!May | THE MAYDEN | Bloglovin'

05/11/2015 / 4:45 pm

Shoes and makeup,shoes and makeup everywhere, that`s my room! My husband occupies 10% and the rest is mine:))

4. Charlotte
    16/10/2015 / 5:40 pm

I haven't tried any of these oh my gosh!Charlotte // charlottespicks.blogspot.com

05/11/2015 / 4:45 pm

Try some, drugstore mascara are really good lately!

5. Roxie Ferguson
    16/10/2015 / 6:04 pm

I love Bourjois Volume 1 Seconde Mascara but my fave drugstore mascara has got to be Maybelline's Lash Sensation!Roxie | The Beautiful Bluebird

05/11/2015 / 4:47 pm

So many people rave about that mascara, can`t believe I haven`t tried it yet!

6. Ela BellaWorld
    16/10/2015 / 7:06 pm

I am surprised that I haven't tried any of these! I like trying essence products as they are cheap so if I don't like it then I don't waste so much money on them. I will see if I can find that mascara, it sounds good! http://www.elabellaworld.com

05/11/2015 / 4:47 pm

You should really get it, it`s cheaper than a Starbucks coffee and the quality is insane!

7. VelvetBlush
    16/10/2015 / 7:41 pm

Completely agree with you about drugstore mascaras being so great! I really want to give some Essence ones a go, and my favourite is probably one of the MaxFactor ones :)Velvet Blush

05/11/2015 / 4:48 pm

Glad I`m not the only one that feels this way about drugstore mascaras! I really like False Lash from Max Factor as well.

8. cielofronteras
    16/10/2015 / 8:53 pm

What a great read! I so love mascaras! Thanks for sharing this! =)- CieloMermaid in Heels

05/11/2015 / 4:49 pm

I`m glad you liked it, hope you found some useful recommendations!

05/11/2015 / 4:50 pm

Thank you for including me,loved your post! Covergirl sounds like such an amazing brand, too bad we don`t have it here.

9. Shireen L. Platt
    16/10/2015 / 9:45 pm

I have read mixed reviews on the Essence mascara but my main problem is curl which many mascaras don't provide me with. I do like Bourjois mascara, it's seriously good!Shireen | Reflection of Sanity

05/11/2015 / 4:51 pm

Most of the times I curl my lashes before I apply any mascara, so maybe on its own it`s not great at holding a curl…I`ll definitely see it without!

05/11/2015 / 4:52 pm

Every makeup product is so subjective, indeed. I had the worst reaction from Clinique High Impact and so many people love it!

10. The Bandwagon Chic
    18/10/2015 / 12:16 pm

Rimmel is one of my fave drugstore brandBut i never tried their mascara- i should nowThe Bandwagon Chic | Instagram | Bloglovin | Snapchat: bandwagonchic

05/11/2015 / 4:52 pm

I love Rimmel, everything I tried from them was amazing!

05/11/2015 / 4:52 pm

Glad you liked it.

11. Sophies Little Secrets
    20/10/2015 / 8:28 pm

Lots of people have recommended that Essence mascara. I definitely need to try it plus it's so cheap! I'm with you on drugstore mascaras, you can find some really good ones. I'm usually a big Rimmel mascara fan.www.sophieslittlesecrets.co.uk

05/11/2015 / 4:53 pm

Rimmel is so great. I had some Essence mascaras that were pretty bad, but this is incredibly good!

12. Rakel
    20/10/2015 / 10:14 pm

I love the second one! 🙂

05/11/2015 / 4:54 pm

It`s great, isn`t it?

13. Chloe Barnes
    21/10/2015 / 8:00 pm

Always looking for a new mascara love this post! <3Chloe xxhttp://chloebee1.blogspot.co.uk

05/11/2015 / 4:55 pm

Thanks Chloe! What`s great with drugstore mascaras is that you can get 2 or 3 for the price of one high-end one, you can`t go wrong with that!

14. Irene Thayer
    22/10/2015 / 7:14 pm

Great post dear! Have a nice day:)irenethayer.com

05/11/2015 / 4:55 pm

I`m glad you enjoyed it, thank you!