Ted Baker Makeup

Hello, everyone! I know it`s been a while since our last talk (AGAIN), but this time, it`s not my fault. So, when I moved into my new flat, I had free Wi-Fi, but because everyone was using it the speed was incredibly slow, so we decided to install our own line. However, it`s not working, so even though we are paying for it, we still use the free one. (which is so bad, every 5 minutes the signal drops) We called the company and for 2 weeks now they`re trying to ”solve” the problem. I mean, I`m no expert, but shouldn`t someone come and check the router? So yeah, this is the crisis I`ve been dealing with the past days and I know I shouldn`t be dramatic, but it`s so stupid paying for something that`s not working! And we work, so I can`t spend all my days off yelling at them on the phone…

Moving on, because I have no internet (blogging from Costa atm) I am quite bored, therefore, I clean and reorganize every space in the flat. That led me to find these, which were supposed to be reviewed sometime around Christmas, as they were a gift from me to me. Oh well, better late than never! The reason I bought them was because they came in a gorgeous box, which I still use for my necklaces. (find it in a haul here)

While they looked gorgeous, I was a bit worried about the quality. This is my opinion, so I might be wrong, but I think that most of the time when a clothing company releases cosmetics they are not that good. I base this statement on my experiences with Forever 21, Primark and H&M cosmetics, which were not that impressive. The only exception I can think of is Topshop, where the quality is insane. And of course, the big names like Chanel or YSL, but truth be told, while their cosmetics are good, I also think you pay a lot more just for the name.

My favourite were the eyeshadow crayon sticks, they had good pigmentation and they were easy to blend. The colours were gorgeous, one being a shimmery light gold and the other a shimmery grey, perfect for a smoky eye look. However, after a couple of hours, they started to crease and later even fade away a bit. When I applied primer, though, I had no problems, so overall I was really impressed with the quality.

The other products that I liked were the highlighters. Pearly Pink is a lot like High Beam from Benefit and like the name would suggest, it`s a subtle illuminator. Golden Glow is a bit darker and would go perfectly with a tan. We all know everyone is talking about strobing right know and these would be perfect for that as they are so pigmented. If we are talking about highlighting, then I would mention the bronzing compact. To be honest, it added more shine than colour, so I that`s why I`m putting this in the highlighters department.

In the set, I also got an eyeliner and a mascara, one being a big winner and the other a big disappointment. I absolutely loved the eyeliner, it was an intense black, with a felt tip applicator, which made it really easy to use. The mascara on the other side was not good at all. It did not do a lot for me, it looked like I had nothing on and even after the second coat, I was not impressed. I prefer bigger brushes, so maybe that`s why I did not like this one.

The nail polishes were decent, I liked the colours and the finish, but they chipped too soon for my liking. The red lasted longer than the shimmery grey, around 5 days? With a base and top coat they would surely last a lot longer, so I would still consider getting more shades. And last but not least there`s this lip crayon, in a dark berry shade. This is perfect for Autumn and has a lovely hydrating formula. It`s not that long lasting, but that`s usually the case with these type of shiny balmy crayons.

Overall, I was really impressed with the quality of these products. And if I think about it, it`s not a bad thing I`m reviewing these products now, because Boots will soon bring back the Christmas stuff and they would make a lovely gift for someone you love. Or just treat yourself, like I did.

P.S. Sorry for the quality of the picture, my camera is slowly dying. I want to buy a DSLR, so hopefully next month things will get better.

Share:

22/09/2015 / 12:22 pm

the highlighters look so pretty as does the eyeshadow sticks.And my rule of thumb for mascara is pretty simple, big wand= happy pammy :pI am so excited for xmas gift sets *-*Hope you sort your internet out, hopefully you are not dealing with Virgin, they are bloody useless!Pam xo/ Pam Scalfiā™„

22/09/2015 / 10:13 pm

Love your mascara rule!:)) It`s actually Virgin i`m dealing with, that`s why it seems it`s a neverending story:((

2. Ela BellaWorld
    22/09/2015 / 6:08 pm

I didn't know that TB has a makeup range! I agree with you, some clothing companies' makeup range is really bad. I like the look of the highlihgter, really pretty shades.www.elabellaworld.com

22/09/2015 / 10:14 pm

It`s really good and the liquid ones are even better.

3. ashon Rungsung
    22/09/2015 / 10:10 pm

eyeshadow crayon sticks look beautiful <3 great post! would you like to follow each other??? i'll follow back once you did! Let me know! Kisses Ashonhttp://www.ashonfashionary.com/

24/09/2015 / 1:43 pm

Yeah, they were surprisingly good, lasted a lot longer than I expected.

4. Kaitlin Kapur
    22/09/2015 / 10:27 pm

Great reviews! I'm so excited that I found your blog while I'm in London for the week so that I can take advantage of them!www.vanitycapital.com

24/09/2015 / 1:44 pm

Oh, I hope you enjoy your time in London. Thanks a lot for the comment.

5. Nastya Deutsch
    23/09/2015 / 10:43 am

I love your blog!Do you want to support each other's blog by following each other?:) Please let me know if you do so I can follow you right back xkisseshttp://nastyadeutsch.blogspot.ru/

6. Becky Shannon
    23/09/2015 / 11:39 am

I love Ted Baker makeup, especially the eyeshadow crayon sticks, the lipsticks and the blush! I wasn't fond of the nail varnish, when I applied it to my nails it just slipped off, it was very odd! Becky Shannon xx – Life-by-Becky

24/09/2015 / 1:45 pm

I did read some bad reviews about the nail polishes, but also extremely positive ones, so I`m thinking maybe it depends on the shade?

7. Bash Harry
    23/09/2015 / 12:17 pm

Ohh, so disappointed that the mascara was a bust. At least the eyeliner was great, right? I'd love to get an eyeliner with a felt tip!xx Bash | Hey Bash | bloglovin'

24/09/2015 / 1:46 pm

Honestly, i`m terrible with eyeliner, but with this I did a good job, so I find it pretty spectacular.

8. Caroline Malone
    23/09/2015 / 1:19 pm

It's such a shame about the nailvarnish – those colours are beautiful! I find it really hard to find a nailpolish that doesn't chip in a day. Sometimes the drugstore products like Maybelline last longer than more expensive ones I find! xxwww.iridescentplaces.blogspot.co.uk

24/09/2015 / 1:46 pm

I like Barry M a lot when it comes to drugstore nail polishes, it takes about 5 days to chip, which is quite good in my opinion.

9. Laura.
    23/09/2015 / 4:07 pm

I don't mind Ted Baker's make up range but they're not the best. The nail varnishes are normally not too bad and the lip crayons are actually really nice. I can't remember what shade I have but it came in a set as well and it's my go-to lip crayon although I'm running out of it now! Great post.Anything & Everything | Bloglovin'

24/09/2015 / 1:48 pm

Thanks a lot. I don`t think I would buy the products separately, but I`d definitely get another gift set. You have plenty of products to chose from and you`ll definitely find something good in there.

10. Haylee Mae
    23/09/2015 / 4:18 pm

The eyeshadow crayons sound lovely! I'm always a sucker for those. Love the pigment in themxo, Hayleehttp://www.dolledupdaily.com

24/09/2015 / 1:48 pm

They were really pigmented and easy to blend, def recommend them.

24/09/2015 / 1:49 pm

Check out Boots. They normally do 3 for 2 on Christmas gift and in January they put the sets half price.