I think I told you guys before, but whenever I go to work I have to pass by the Boots in Stratford and fight the temptations. Most of the time I fail, because let`s be honest, they always have some amazing deal. This one was a bit more tricky because you know I`m not one for expensive products…but then again, I love a good deal. The promotion sounds like this: if you buy two Clinique products (one has to be skincare), you get this lovely floral box with 5 Clinique products worth 47 pounds. So I got a clarifying lotion and a lip treatment that cost me 38 pounds ( only water and bagels at work for the next two weeks), products that I will review later and let you know if they changed my opinion about expensive skincare. Now let`s see what I got in this lovely box:
- Clinique High Impact Mascara (3,5 ml) – ,, Clinique`s must-have accessory for lashes. Kicks up the volume of each and every lash for a look that`s plusher, longer, bolder. Pure, deep colour only adds to the impact.“ I liked it. It made my lashes look bigger and fuller from the first application. Also, I loved the fact that my lashes did not look like spider webs, the bristle was kinda nice and easy to use. Because it`s small I can take it with me to work (
I actually don`t like carrying a lot of makeup and big packages with me), so that`s another plus. Though to be completely honest, I wasn`t blown away by this one. For the price, you would expect miracles, but still, nothing beats my Rimmel Scandal Eyes Rockin` Curves Mascara
- Rinse-Off Foaming Cleanser (30 ml) – ,, Concentrated foamy cream-mousse cleanser removes makeup and sunscreens while preserving skin`s natural moisture.“ In my humble and non-expert opinion, they may not excel in makeup, but in skincare, Clinique products are worth the buzz. With skin-soothing botanicals, this product is designed for normal skin. Loved the fact that it did not feel harsh on the skin, leaving it very cleansed and soft. I just use a small amount on wet skin, massage it and rinse it with warm water. It`s super easy to apply and it has a very creamy formula. Allergy tested and 100% fragrance-free
- Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion + (30 ml) – another lovely skincare product. ,,Dermatologist- reformulated. Delivers all-day hydration and improves barrier strength. Makes skin more resilient. Silky texture penetrates quickly.“ This is ideal for people with very dry to dry combination skin types. The texture is very lightweight, but it`s extremely hydrating. After I use this my skin feels so soft, it`s amazing.
- Clinique Superbalm Moisturizing Gloss ( 7 ml) – ,, Lip Balm with a colourful twist. Luscious, high-gloss shades treat your most under-moisturized skin to soothing shine. Instantly comfort dryness, help repair and defend this delicate skin`s natural moisture barrier. Protect with antioxidants.“ I told you I am not impressed with their makeup. While I liked the mascara, it wasn`t something Wow for the amount of money it costs. But this one..jeez, who would use it? It`s so sticky and hard to apply. Although it left my lips very shiny, it felt like a cheap lipgloss. Seriously, they can do better than this. So I can`t confirm or infirm their claims because after first application I took a wipe and removed it. But maybe some people like it, don`t know.
- Clinique All About Eyes (7 ml) – I saved the best for last. ,, Lightweight, hydrating cream/gel diminishes the look of puffs and under eye circles. Helps hold eye makeup in place.“ I`m in love with this one. I actually think that when it runs out I will buy it, even though it`s way over my budget. But the thing is that I noticed a big improvement from the first days. I don`t have a problem with dark circles, but puffy eyes…jeez, sometimes I look like Rocky Balboa. It`s been a week since I started using this one and the bags under eyes are not that visible anymore. Also, it`s so creamy and soft when you apply it, I love it.
Overall, I`m very happy I decided to take advantage of this deal. 4 good products out of 5 it`s a good thing. And that eye cream became my new Holy Grail. (first time I use this word, hurrah for Clinique) I hope you enjoyed that post! I believe that this offer is still available in Boots, so maybe you should give it a try.