Iannis Xenakis - Live In New York album flac
Genre: Audio files / Classical
Title: Live In New York
Style: Contemporary, Interview
FLAC version ZIP size: 1193 mb
MP3 version ZIP size: 1712 mb
WMA version ZIP size: 1457 mb
Other Formats: XM DTS MIDI TTA VQF APE TTA
Supervised By – Iannis Xenakis. Trombone – Michael Seltzer. Trumpet – Jon Nelson, Josef Burgstaller. Recorded live at Thread Waxing Space, New York, November 14, 1996. Phlegra (1975) for flute, piccolo, oboe, clarinet, bass clarinet, bassoon, horn, trumpet, trombone, violin, viola, cello, bass Kuïlenn (1995) for flute, 2 oboes, 2 clarinets, 2 bassoons, 2 horns (First Recording) Kaï (1995) for flute, clarinet, bassoon, trumpet, trombone, violin, viola, cello, bass (First Recording) Epicycle (1989) for solo cello, flute, oboe, clarinet, bassoon, horn, trumpet, trombone, tuba, 2 violins.
Album: Complete String Quartets. Aroura (Live from Le Poisson Rouge on March 11, 2015). Ensemble LPR. Andre de Ridder, conductor.
Last played Tuesday, October 18 2016 at 01:07 AM. Iannis Xenakis. Rohan de Saram, cello. Album: Chamber Music 1955-1990. Last played Thursday, August 18 2016 at 10:00 PM. Listener-supported WNYC is the home for independent journalism and courageous conversation on air and online.
Iannis Xenakis (also spelt as Yannis Xenakis) (Greek: Γιάννης (Ιάννης) Ξενάκης ; 29 May 1922 – 4 February 2001) was a Romanian-born, Greek-French composer, music theorist, architect, performance director and engineer. After 1947, he fled Greece, becoming a naturalized citizen of France. He is considered an important post-World War II composer whose works helped revolutionize 20th century classical music.
Les missions du Centre Iannis Xenakis recouvrent la préservation, la valorisation et la diffusion. Not Now. CommunitySee all.
Listen to music from Iannis Xenakis like Metastasis, 6 Chansons: No. 5. Aujourd'hui le ciel est noi. Today the sky is black) & more. Find the latest tracks, albums, and images from Iannis Xenakis. A new version of Last. György Ligeti György Ligeti.
Kuniko Kato: percussion. Iannis Xenakis IX by C. Michael Bailey. Start your music shopping from All About Jazz and you'll support us in the process. Learn how. About Kuniko.
Xenakis was one of the major figures of 20th-century music, composing some 150 works for orchestra, instruments, voices, stage, and electronics.
Tracklist Hide Credits
Cello – Dan BarrettSoloist – Dan Barrett
|5||Xenakis In His Own Words
Interviewee – Iannis XenakisInterviewer – Charles Zacharie Bornstein
- Published By – Éditions Salabert
- Published By – G. Schirmer
- Art Direction – Enrique Candioti
- Bass – Rob Wenger
- Bassoon – Chad Alexander, Matthew Bender
- Cello – Dan Barrett
- Clarinet – David Hattner
- Clarinet, Bass Clarinet – Michiyo Suzuki
- Composed By – Iannis Xenakis
- Conductor – Charles Zacharie Bornstein
- Cover [Design] – Charles Zacharie Bornstein, Enrique Candioti
- Edited By [Digital Editing] – Peter Alexander
- Engineer – David Avidor
- Ensemble – ST-X Ensemble Xenakis USA*
- Flute, Piccolo Flute – Paula Landry
- Horn – Gregory Evans, Matthew Schefflemann*
- Liner Notes – Paul D. Miller
- Liner Notes [French Translation] – Magali Traynard
- Liner Notes [Program Notes] – Charles Zacharie Bornstein
- Management [Personal Manager] – Gregory Evans
- Oboe – Jaqueline Leclair*, Matthew Sullivan
- Photography By [Xenakis, Lever House] – Charles Zacharie Bornstein
- Supervised By [Rehearsal] – Iannis Xenakis
- Trombone – Michael Seltzer
- Trumpet – Jon Nelson, Josef Burgstaller
- Tuba – Ron Caswell
- Viola – Julie Goodale
- Violin – Conrad Harris, Dana Freidli*
NotesRecorded live at Thread Waxing Space, New York, November 14, 1996
Phlegra for flute / piccolo, oboe, clarinet / bass clarinet, bassoon, horn, trumpet, trombone, violin, viola, cello, bass
Kuïlenn for flute, 2 oboes, 2 clarinets, 2 bassoons, 2 horns (First Recording)
Kaï for flute, clarinet, bassoon, trumpet, trombone, violin, viola, cello, bass (First Recording)
Epicycle for solo cello, flute, oboe, clarinet, bassoon, horn, trumpet, trombone, tuba, 2 violins