Van Morrison - Common One album flac
Genre: Jazz / Rock / Blues
Title: Common One
Style: Folk Rock, Blues Rock, Rhythm & Blues, Jazz-Rock
FLAC version ZIP size: 1508 mb
MP3 version ZIP size: 1899 mb
WMA version ZIP size: 1109 mb
Other Formats: DTS APE AU AA MIDI AC3 FLAC
Common One is the twelfth studio album by Northern Irish singer-songwriter Van Morrison, released in 1980. The album was recorded over a nine-day period at Super Bear Studios, near Nice, on the French Riviera. Its title comes from the 34 section of the song "Summertime in England", where Morrison sings the lyrics "Oh, my common one with the coat so old and the light in her head".
Van Morrison was working through one of his greatest - yet least appreciated - creative periods when he made this album, one that burrows deeply into an introspective jazz-rooted spiritual groove. With Mark Isham's lonely muted trumpet up front, listeners are in the jazz world immediately with "Haunts of Ancient Peace," merging perfectly with Morrison's idiosyncratic vocal style.
The Northern Irish singer Van Morrison has released 40 studio albums, 6 live albums, 6 compilation albums, 4 video albums, and 71 singles. Morrison made his first recording playing saxophone on "Boozoo Hully Gully" with the International Monarchs in 1962. His first recording session as lead singer/songwriter with Them was produced by Dick Rowe at Decca's studio. Don't Start Crying Now" was the first single released and the garage rock classic, "Gloria" was also recorded at this session.
Easily among Van Morrison's least successful albums, Common One is probably also his least understood. Arriving in the wake of the far more concise, focused Into the Music, this 1980 project found Morrison making a sweeping left turn toward the open-ended, jazz-fueled vamps and spiritual questing of his impressionistic classic, Astral Weeks, 12 years earlier. This album, listened to in the day in my house, made me forget who I was, where I was, and what time it was. That's high praise.
Common One. By: Van Morrison (1980, Rock). More albums from Van Morrison: Duets: Re-working The Catalogue by Van Morrison. Magic Time by Van Morrison. It’s Too Late to Stop No. olumes II, III, IV & DVD by Van Morrison. The Healing Game by Van Morrison. Born To Sing : No Plan B by Van Morrison. Down The Road by Van Morrison. The Skiffle Sessions: Live In Belfast 1998 by Van Morrison. The Bottom Line 78 by Van Morrison. View all albums . Common One. 1. Haunts Of Ancient Peace. 2. Summertime In England.
Tracklist Hide Credits
|A1||Haunts Of Ancient Peace
Arranged By [Choir], Conductor [Choir] – Jeff Labes
|A2||Summertime In England
Arranged By [Strings], Conductor [Strings] – Jeff Labes
Backing Vocals – David Hayes, Herbie Armstrong, John Allair, Mick Cox, Pee Wee Ellis, Pete Brewis, Peter Van Hooke
Arranged By [Horn Section], Conductor – Pee Wee EllisArranged By [Strings], Conductor [Strings] – Jeff Labes
|B3||When Heart Is Open||15:03|
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Warner Bros. Records Inc.
- Copyright (c) – Warner Bros. Records Inc.
- Recorded At – Super Bear Studios
- Recorded At – Record Plant, Sausalito
- Mastered At – A&M Studios
- Copyright (c) – Essential Music
- Published By – Essential Music
- Produced For – Caledonia Productions
- Pressed By – Capitol Records Pressing Plant, Jacksonville
- Acoustic Guitar [Rhythm], Electric Guitar [Rhythm] – Herbie Armstrong
- Arranged By, Conductor – Pee Wee Ellis
- Bass – David Hayes
- Co-producer – Henry Lewy
- Composed By, Performer – Van Morrison
- Design Concept – Van Morrison
- Drums – Peter Van Hooke
- Engineer – Chris Martin , Dave Burgess, Henry Lewy
- Graphics – John Paul Jones
- Keyboards – John Allair
- Lead Guitar – Mick Cox
- Mastered By – Bernie Grundman
- Photography By – Rudy Legname
- Recorded By [Additional] – Alex Kash, Henry Lewy
- Saxophone, Flute – Pee Wee Ellis
- Trumpet, Flugelhorn – Mark Isham
NotesRecorded at Super Bear Studios in the south of France (Feb. 11 through Feb. 19, 1980).
Comes with a green inner sleeve with lyrics.
Made in U.S.A.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode (Printed): 07599-23462-1
- Barcode (Scanned): 075993246214
- Matrix / Runout (Etched side A, except "0" stamped): BSK-1-3462-JW2 #3 0
- Matrix / Runout (Etched side B, except "0" stamped): BSK-2-3462 JW1 #2 0
- Rights Society: BMI
- Barcode (Scanned): 075992346214
|6302 021||Van Morrison||Common One (LP, Album)||Mercury||6302 021||Germany||1980|
|839 600-2||Van Morrison||Common One (CD, Album, RE, RM)||Polydor||839 600-2||Europe||Unknown|
|STAR 5146||Van Morrison||Common One (LP, Album)||Mercury||STAR 5146||South Africa||1980|
|6302 021||Van Morrison||Common One (LP, Album)||Mercury||6302 021||Greece||1980|
|M5 3462||Van Morrison||Common One (Cass, Album)||Warner Bros. Records||M5 3462||US||1980|