Kaki King - Glow album flac
Style: Acoustic, Experimental
FLAC version ZIP size: 1137 mb
MP3 version ZIP size: 1759 mb
WMA version ZIP size: 1415 mb
Other Formats: DXD AU FLAC TTA AAC WAV MPC
Glow, the sixth full-length album by American guitarist Kaki King, was released October 9, 2012. On Glow King returns to her instrumental roots and is accompanied by the string quartet ETHEL. This is a guitar record, King says to describe this album.
Glow (Kaki King album). Glow, the sixth full-length album by American guitarist Kaki King, was released October 9, 2012.
King’s Glow proves that getting back to the basics can be a very good thing. Or consider a donation?
Kaki King cements her position as a great artist with Glow. Her command of the guitar creates a unique listening experience that explores every raw emotion. King’s Glow proves that getting back to the basics can be a very good thing.
Kaki King Glow Velour Music Group Groundbreaking solo fingerstylist, darling of the indie-rock world, or both? While both camps can be protective of who they consider theirs, Kaki King. Glow is another exceptional addition-possibly the best-to King’s catalog of intelligent, intense, and worldly music. If you’re interested in hearing an artist at the forefront of organically exploring the inner/outer space of a guitar, this record will provide total listening enjoyment.
Label: Top Shelf Productions – TOP 009. Format: CD, Album. Engineer – Dan Brantigan. Guitar, Percussion, Other – Kaki King. Management – Jeff Krasno, Morgan Young. Mastered By – Scott Hull (2).
Atlanta-based singer-songwriter Kaki King will release an instrumental album, Glow, on October 9th via Velour Music Group. The follow-up to 2010’s Junior was produced by D. James Goodwin (Devo, The Bravery) and long-time King bandmate/live sound engineer Dan Brantigan at Goodwin’s Isokon studio in Woodstock, NY. A press release describes the effort as something an artistic reboot for King, who experienced an existential crisis following the release of Junior.
|1||Great Round Burn||3:12|
|2||Streetlight In The Egg||3:44|
|7||No True Masterpiece Will Ever Be Complete||3:24|
|8||Holding The Severed Self||3:21|
|9||Skimming The Fractured Surface To A Place Of Endless Light||3:30|
|11||The Fire Eater||5:48|
- Manufactured By – Red Distribution
- Published By – Kaki King Music
- Engineered At – The Isokon
- Engineered At – Casa Chica
- Mixed At – The Isokon
- Mastered At – Masterdisk
- Arranged By [String Parts], Orchestrated By [String Parts] – ETHEL, Ralph Farris
- Bagpipes – Richmond Johnston (tracks: 10)
- Cello – Dorothy Lawson (tracks: 1, 5, 7, 12)
- Design [Graphic Design] – Yoni Levy
- Engineer [Additional Engineering] – Dan Brantigan
- Guitar, Percussion, Other [Things] – Kaki King
- Management – Jeff Krasno, Morgan Young
- Mastered By – Scott Hull
- Photography By – Shervin Lainez
- Producer, Engineer, Mixed By – D. James Goodwin*
- Sounds [Additional Sounds] – D. James Goodwin*
- Strings – ETHEL (tracks: 1, 5, 7, 12)
- Synthesizer [EVI] – Dan Brantigan (tracks: 2)
- Viola – Ralph Farris (tracks: 1, 5, 7, 12)
- Violin – Tema Watstein (tracks: 1, 5, 7, 12)
- Violin [Special Guest] – Patti Kilroy (tracks: 1, 5, 7, 12)
- Written-By – Kaki King
NotesEngineered and mixed at the Isokon, Woodstock, NY
Additional engineering at Casa Chica, Malibu, CA
Mastered at Masterdisk, New York, NY
Released in a Gatefold Sleeve
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 687480120628
- Matrix / Runout (Variant 1, 2): 08/26/2012 09:48:34 AM #81647 2218513 01
- Mastering SID Code (Variant 1, 2): IFPI LN08
- Mould SID Code (Variant 1): IFPI 0123
- Mould SID Code (Variant 2): IFPI JI23
|VEL-1206-1||Kaki King||Glow (LP, Album)||Velour Recordings||VEL-1206-1||US||2012|
|TOP 009||Kaki King||Glow (CD, Album)||Top Shelf Productions||TOP 009||Australia||2012|