Elton John With The Melbourne Symphony Orchestra - Live In Australia album flac
Title: Live In Australia
Style: Pop Rock
FLAC version ZIP size: 1258 mb
MP3 version ZIP size: 1588 mb
WMA version ZIP size: 1109 mb
Other Formats: DXD MPC XM VOC APE VOX DMF
Elton's hits dominated the 70's and no one who grew up in that era can overlook his massive success as a prolific writer and performer of chart topping music. This album focuses on those often overlooked gems that never made it to the top 40 but reflected the great string arrangements of Paul Buckmaster and Bernie Taupin's unique lyrics. It's also a snapshot of a great performer facing the end of his career and wanting to bring all of the passion and meaning of his music alive in one final show. I loved this early period of Elton John. His rich melodies along with Bernie Taupin's lyrics defined who I am as a music lover and musician. A full orchestral accompaniment provided by the Melbourne Symphony Orchestra made listening to this Elton John live performance nothing less than spiritual. This was the Elton John music I loved the most and the Melbourne Symphony provided a spectacular backdrop. Unfortunately, this concert was held before Elton's throat surgery and his vocals were not the Elton John you're used to hearing
Elton John - Sad Songs (Say So Much). Introduced by his friend, Billy Connolly, Elton took to the stage at . 0pm to perform to the Live Aid crowd in Wembley Stadium and around the world. We just got the news that this concert is being shown on 95% of the televisions on Earth. The final show, at the Sydney Entertainment Centre, resulted in the live album Live in Australia with the Melbourne Symphony Orchestra. The Elton John band were a hard act to follow according to Phil Collins - lead singer of rock band Genesis - who was due to play the SEC after Elton's run had ended as we came off stage, Phil Collins jumped down next to me and walked backstage with us and. he turned to me and said, Well, Charli. ow the f ck do we follow that? Charlie Morgan - Drummer with the Elton John Band. Candle In The Wind - Live From Australia in 1986.
Live album by Elton John. The concerts consisted of two sets: the first featuring Elton and his fourteen-piece band and Elton's flamboyant stage dress, featuring Mohawk and Tina Turner wigs, and the second featuring Elton, the band, and the eighty-eight piece Melbourne Symphony Orchestra. The album features most of the songs recorded in the second half of the show, excluding "Saturday Night's Alright for Fighting", "Carla/Etude", "Cold as Christmas (In the Middle of the Year)" and "Slow Rivers"
All formats Album CD CD Album CD Single CD Maxi Vinyl records LP 7 inchs 7 inchs (SP) 7 inchs (EP) 12 inchs 78 rpm 10 inchs DVD VHS Cassette Clothing T-Shirt Others. john, elton - Live in australia (with the melbourne symphony orchestra). Format : CD. New or Used : used.
In a mix of determination and stubbornness, Elton decided to go through with the tour despite the havoc it could wreck upon his voice, not wanting to disappoint fans or sacrifice a unique opportunity to present his songs in this setting (he had not performed with an orchestra since the 1970s, and never one as large as the MSO). Despite those obstacles, the tour was a massive success artistically, commercially and personally . While it would be hard to justify the presence of a live album in the pantheon of Elton's best work, "Live in Australia" holds a singular place as one of his most adventurous efforts. Grateful Dead American Beauty. Prince Piano and A Microphone: 1983. Chris Cornell Euphoria Morning.
|1||Sixty Years On||4:27|
|2||I Need You To Turn To||2:34|
|3||The Greatest Discovery||3:48|
|5||Sorry Seems To Be The Hardest Word||3:33|
|6||The King Must Die||4:59|
|7||Take Me To The Pilot||3:56|
|9||Have Mercy On The Criminal||5:30|
|10||Madman Across The Water||6:21|
|11||Candle In The Wind||3:47|
|12||Burn Down The Mission||5:27|
|14||Don't Let The Sun Go Down On Me||5:29|
- Marketed By – Phonogram
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Happenstance Ltd.
- Copyright (c) – Dick James Music Ltd.
- Copyright (c) – Big Pig Music Ltd.
- Recorded At – Sydney Entertainment Centre
- Mixed At – Wisseloord Studios
- Pressed By – PDO, France
- Arranged By – James Newton Howard (tracks: 4, 5, 11, 14), Paul Buckmaster (tracks: 1 to 3, 6 to 10, 12, 13)
- Art Direction, Design – David Costa
- Backing Vocals – Alan Carvel* (tracks: 5 to 10, 12 to 14), Gordon Neville (tracks: 5 to 10, 12 to 14), Shirley Lewis (tracks: 5 to 10, 12 to 14)
- Band – Elton John Band (tracks: 5 to 10, 12 to 14)
- Bass Guitar – David Paton (tracks: 5 to 10, 12 to 14)
- Conductor [Orchestra] – James Newton Howard
- Drums – Charlie Morgan (tracks: 5 to 10, 12 to 14)
- Engineer [Assistant, Band Recording] – Dennis Fox, Keith Walker
- Engineer [Assistant, Orchestra Recording] – Alan Maclean*, Leon Minervini, Nic Jeremy, Tim Robinson
- Engineer [Band Recording] – Clive Franks
- Engineer [Mixing Assistant] – Ronald Prent
- Engineer [Orchestra Recording] – Gus Dudgeon
- Horn [Onward International Horns] – David Bitelli* (tracks: 5 to 10, 12 to 14), Paul Spong (tracks: 5 to 10, 12 to 14), Raul D'Oliveira (tracks: 5 to 10, 12 to 14), Rick Taylor (tracks: 5 to 10, 12 to 14)
- Keyboards, Synthesizer – Fred Mandel (tracks: 5 to 10, 12 to 14)
- Lead Guitar – Davey Johnstone (tracks: 5 to 10, 12 to 14)
- Leader [Orchestra], Concertmaster – Robert John
- Mixed By – Graham Dickson, Gus Dudgeon
- Orchestra – Melbourne Symphony Orchestra
- Percussion – Jody Linscott (tracks: 5 to 10, 12 to 14), Ray Cooper (tracks: 5 to 10, 12 to 14)
- Photography By [Cover Photo] – Gered Mankowitz
- Producer – Gus Dudgeon
- Written-By – Elton John & Taupin*
Notes℗ 1987 Happenstance Ltd.
© 1987 Happenstance Ltd.
This album was made from the concert recordings of the Australian broadcasting corporation. The concert was given in the Sydney Entertainment Centre on 14th December 1986.
Mixed at Wisseloord Studios, Hilversum, Holland.
1, 2, 7, 13 ©1970 Dick James Music Ltd.
3, 6, 8, 10 ©1971 Dick James Music Ltd.
4, 5 ©1976 Big Pig Music Ltd.
9 ©1972 Dick James Music Ltd.
11, 12 ©1973 Dick James Music Ltd.
14 ©1974 Big Pig Music Ltd.
Made in France by PDO (On CD)
Printed in West Germany (On Inserts)
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 0 42283 24702 4
- Rights Society: GEMA
- Label Code: LC 3053
- Other (Distribution Code): PG 900
- SPARS Code: DDD
- Matrix / Runout: 832 470-2 01 *
|EJLP 2||Elton John||Live In Australia (With The Melbourne Symphony Orchestra) (2xLP)||The Rocket Record Company||EJLP 2||UK||1987|
|314 558 477-2, D 138816||Elton John||Live In Australia (With The Melbourne Symphony Orchestra) (CD, Album, Club, RM)||Island Records, The Rocket Record Company, Mercury, BMG Direct||314 558 477-2, D 138816||US||1998|
|MCAD-8022||Elton John||Live In Australia (With The Melbourne Symphony Orchestra) (CD, Album)||MCA Records||MCAD-8022||US||1987|
|MCA2-8022||Elton John With The Melbourne Symphony Orchestra||Elton John With The Melbourne Symphony Orchestra - Live In Australia (2xLP, Album)||MCA Records||MCA2-8022||US||1987|
|MCA2-8022||Elton John With The Melbourne Symphony Orchestra*||Elton John With The Melbourne Symphony Orchestra* - Live In Australia (2xLP, Album, Club)||MCA Records||MCA2-8022||US||Unknown|