Nocturnus - Nocturnus album flac
Style: Death Metal
FLAC version ZIP size: 1389 mb
MP3 version ZIP size: 1558 mb
WMA version ZIP size: 1604 mb
Other Formats: MPC AU DMF ADX MOD MP1 AUD
The Key is the first full-length studio album from Florida progressive death metal band Nocturnus. It was released on Earache Records in October 1990. A concept album, The Key is centered on an occult (the influence of drummer/vocalist Mike Browning) meets sci-fi (influenced by guitarist Mike Davis) theme. The story follows a cyborg who travels back in time to the year 0 .
Nocturnus was an American progressive death metal band formed in Tampa, Florida in 1987 by drummer/vocalist Mike Browning (formerly of Morbid Angel). They were known for their science-fiction themed lyrics and use of keyboards, both of which were virtually unknown in extreme metal at the time. Nocturnus was formed in 1987 by drummer/vocalist Mike Browning following the breakup of his old band Incubus.
Demo, 1987, Self-Produced.
Listen to music from Nocturnus like Lake of Fire, Standing in Blood & more. Find the latest tracks, albums, and images from Nocturnus. Nocturnus was among the most technical and atmospheric outfit to rise from the legendary Tampa, Florida death metal scene. By adding synths to their music, they found an essential element to bring a new sound to the young death metal scene and were an huge impact upon the entire genre from this moment on.
Nocturnus - John Sheard. Открывайте новую музыку каждый день. Лента с персональными рекомендациями и музыкальными новинками, радио, подборки на любой вкус, удобное управление своей коллекцией. Миллионы композиций бесплатно и в хорошем качестве. Исполнитель: John Sheard.
The album, Nocturnus's debut, is a concept album centered on an Occult (the influence of drummer/vocalist Mike Browning) meets sci-fi (influenced by guitarist Mike Davis) theme. The story of the album follows a cyborg who goes back in time to the year 0 . which eventually leads to the destruction of Christianity (highlighted by the controversial track "Destroying the Manger") and the creation of a modern empire. In addition to their unusual lyrical content, the band employed the use of keyboards which was virtually unheard of at the time in the broader genre of death metal.
1. Possess the Priest Lyrics.
Nocturnus are known for their sci-fi lyrics and extensive use of keyboards/synths in their often progressive oriented death metal music, but on this demo there are no keyboards/synths and the lyrics revolve around occultism. The music is old school US death metal. If anyone have heard "Abominations of Desolation (1991)" by Morbid Angel (that album was recorded in 1986-1987, while Mike Browning was still a part of the band) or "Scream Bloody Gore (1987)" by Death, you�ll pretty much have an idea of how this demo sounds. Raw and rather primitive death metal.
James Marcinek : Drums. Louis Panzer : Keyboards. 1). Kildneybean (95/100).
|1||Possess The Priest||6:03|
- Recorded At – Audio Lab Studios
- Published By – Moribund Cult Music
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Moribund Records
- Copyright (c) – Nocturnus
- Distributed By – Moribund Records
- Distributed By – New World Symphony Records
- Distributed By – Modern Invasion Music
- Distributed By – Napalm Records
- Distributed By – Capri
- Distributed By – Obliteration Records
- Distributed By – Displeased Records
- Distributed By – Nosferatu Records
- Distributed By – House Of Kicks Distribution
- Distributed By – Warmaster Records
- Distributed By – Death Core
- Distributed By – Low Life Records
- Distributed By – Morbid Records
- Distributed By – M.M.I.
- Distributed By – Hellion Records
- Distributed By – Merciless Records
- Distributed By – Osmose Productions
- Distributed By – Repulse Records
- Distributed By – Spinefarm Records
- Distributed By – Witchhunt Records
- Artwork [Cover Art By] – Chris Campbell
- Bass, Backing Vocals [Backing Vox] – Emo Mowery
- Drums – James Marcinek
- Guitar – Mike Davis , Sean McNenney
- Keyboards – Louis Panzer
- Layout [Layout By] – Analog Design
- Lyrics By – Izzo*
- Music By – Mowery*, Panzer*, Davis*, McNenney*
- Producer [Produced By] – Greg Marchak, Ken Faulkenberry, Nocturnus
- Vocals – Dan Izzo
NotesRecorded at Audio Lab Recording Studio, Tampa, Florida.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode (Text): 7 68586-0002-2 6
- Barcode (Scanned): 768586000226
- Matrix / Runout: RNR-0808 MADE IN TAIWAN OPT.940811 60476K1
- SPARS Code: AAD
|DEAD 02EP||Nocturnus||Nocturnus (7", EP, Gre)||Moribund Records||DEAD 02EP||US||1993|
|DEAD 02 CD, DEAD 002 CD||Nocturnus||Nocturnus (CD, EP, RE)||Moribund Records, Moribund Records||DEAD 02 CD, DEAD 002 CD||US||2015|
|DEAD 02 CD||Nocturnus||Nocturnus (CD, Single)||Moribund Records||DEAD 02 CD||US||1999|