Grid - Evolver album flac
FLAC version ZIP size: 1890 mb
MP3 version ZIP size: 1601 mb
WMA version ZIP size: 1565 mb
Other Formats: ADX MMF AC3 AAC WMA MP4 AA
Evolver is the third album by English electronic dance group The Grid, released in 1994. Swamp Thing" is the best-known song from the album, becoming a dance club favourite and chart hit in the UK, Europe and Australia. Texas Cowboys" and "Rollercoaster" were also released as singles. Evolver reached number 14 on the UK Albums Chart. All tracks written by Grid members Richard Norris and Dave Ball.
The Grid use: Blue Room speakers, Mu-Tron effects and Corby trouser presses. Dejittering - Prism AD-1. Tracks 1 to 3, 5 & 8 recorded at Eastcote. A classic of its time, The Grid's third album, Evolver, is probably their best-known work, spawning a number of hit singles. There's still plenty to enjoy about it, years on, from the zippy "Wake Up" to the infamous banjo on "Swamp Thing" (also known as 'the banjo heard around the world'). The western riff on "Texas Cowboys" is just as good, if not as immediately catchy, just as the guitar on "Throb" gives it rock music's energy, but with a definite techno mindset.
Evolver is a 1994 album by the British musical project The Grid; it is the duo's third album overall. Texas Cowboys" and "Rollercoaster" were also released as singles Contents.
This album is their finest moment, its eletronic soul tempered with unforgettable melodies, superb improvisation and the stuff that makes electronic music so mind-tripping. Sure, you can dance to it. But you can also hear it over and over and hear nuance and shade, degrees and shifts. And, on "Swamp Thing", a cool banjo riff gets merged with unstoppable synth-beats to create something fresh. Grid are far better than 9/10ths of other so-called "techno" acts out there.
The huge success of "Swamp Thing" proved that the Grid had arrived, and Evolver is the result: a confident, focused album that encompasses the duo's influences but nevertheless stakes out new ground.
Evolver is the third album by English electronic dance group The Grid, released in 1994. Texas Cowboys" and "Rollercoaster" were also released as singles Evolver. Studio album by. The Grid.
The group's 1994 album Evolver reached No. 14 in the UK Albums Chart. The lead single from this album, "Swamp Thing", features elaborate banjo lines played by Roger Dinsdale .
Tracklist Hide Credits
Saxophone – Alex Gifford
Vocals – Susannah Melvoin*
Banjo – Roger Dinsdale
Guitar [Snakeskin] – (Th)Robert Fripp*Synthesizer [Squelches] – Alex Gifford
Percussion – Pablo CookVocals – Donna Gardier
|6||Shapes Of Sleep
Guitar [Somnambulant] – Robert FrippSynthesizer  – Alex Gifford
Guitar, Electronics [Treatments] – Robert FrippVocals [Opera] – Martyn SharpVocals [Rhythmic] – Susannah Melvoin*
Synthesizer [Cs5] – Alex Gifford
Piano – Alex GiffordVocals [Opera] – Martyn Sharp
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – BMG Records (UK) Ltd.
- Copyright (c) – BMG Records (UK) Ltd.
- Distributed By – BMG Records
- Marketed By – BMG Records
- Published By – M62
- Published By – BMG Music Publishing Ltd.
- Recorded At – Eastcote Studios
- Recorded At – Battery Studios, London
- Mixed At – Sarm East Studios
- Mixed At – Metropolis Studios
- Edited At – Transfermation
- Mastered At – Metropolis Mastering
- Glass Mastered At – Disctronics S
- Artwork [Videography] – Mu Media
- Design – Andrew Sutton
- Edited By – Richard Dowling
- Engineer [Assisted By] – Jamie*, Lee*, Richard*, Tim*
- Engineer [Mix] – Chris Potter* (tracks: 4, 6, 7, 9, 10), Ren Swan (tracks: 1 to 3, 5, 8)
- Engineer [Recording] – Ingo Vauk, Phillip Bagenal* (tracks: 4, 6, 7, 9)
- Management – Pete Evans
- Mastered By – Tony Cousins
- Photography By – Adrian Green
- Producer – The Grid
- Programmed By – Ingo Vauk
- Written-By – Ball*, Norris*
NotesThe Grid use: Blue Room speakers, Mu-Tron effects and Corby trouser presses.
Dejittering - Prism AD-1
Tracks 1 to 3, 5 & 8 recorded at Eastcote. Tracks 4, 6, 7, 9 & 10 recorded at Eastcote and Battery.
Tracks 1 to 3, 5 & 8 mixed at Sarm East. Tracks 4, 6, 7, 9 & 10 mixed at Metropolis.
Assisted by Lee @ Eastcote, Richard @ Battery, Tim @ Sarm and Jamie @ Metropolis.
℗ 1994 The copyright in this sound recording is owned by BMG Records (UK) Limited. Distributed by BMG. A Bertelsmann Music Group Company. © BMG Records (UK) Ltd. 1994. Printed in the UK. Made in England.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode (Text): 7 4321-22718-2 9
- Barcode (String): 743212271829
- Matrix / Runout (Mirrored - Variant 1): DISCTRONICS S 743212-27182 01 THE GRID
- Matrix / Runout (Mirrored - Variant 2): DISCTRONICS S 74321227182 02
- Mastering SID Code (Variant 2): IFPI L501
- Mould SID Code (Variant 2): IFPI 8716
- Rights Society: BIEM/GEMA
- Label Code: LC 8280
- Other (Distribution Code): F: BM650
|74321 22718 2||Grid*||Evolver (CD, Album, Club)||Deconstruction Canada||74321 22718 2||Canada||1994|
|S 743212-27182 01, CDRCA(WF)4087||Grid*||Evolver (CD, Album)||Deconstruction, BMG||S 743212-27182 01, CDRCA(WF)4087||South Africa||1994|
|BVCP-783||Grid*||Evolver (CD, Album)||BMG Victor Inc.||BVCP-783||Japan||1995|
|ES 2759||Grid*||Evolver (Cass, Album, Unofficial)||Euro Star||ES 2759||Poland||1994|
|7432122718 2||Grid*||Evolver (CD, Album)||Deconstruction, BMG||7432122718 2||Singapore||1994|