Mekons - Journey To The End Of The Night album flac
Title: Journey To The End Of The Night
Style: Pop Rock, Indie Rock
FLAC version ZIP size: 1293 mb
MP3 version ZIP size: 1216 mb
WMA version ZIP size: 1911 mb
Other Formats: FLAC MMF MIDI XM DMF ADX AC3
Journey to the End of the Night is the 13th studio album by The Mekons. It was released on audio CD on 7 March 2000 by Quarterstick Records. Out In The Night" – 3:31. Last Week Of The War" – 2:59. City Of London" – 4:02. Cast No Shadow" – 3:03.
The Mekons have always thrived on musical contradiction, reveling in their clashes instead of diluting their collective influences, realizing that it's less interesting to play it safe. However, there is little evidence of this inclination on Journey to the End of the Night, perhaps their most straightforward album. Long-time fans looking for the fire of their most impassioned music may be suspicious: for once the Mekons sound like a band getting older, but this isn't a bad thing. On Journey, they avoid the sort of jarring juxtapositions that made previous collections more difficult.
3. Last Weeks of the War. 2:59. 2000 Quarterstick Records.
Released March 7, 2000. Journey to the End of the Night Tracklist. About Journey to the End of the Night. Journey to the End of the Night Q&A.
Garcia, Yvonne (3 March 2000). Retrieved 3 January 2019. Archived from the original on 24 December 2001. Retrieved 12 May 2018. Chonin, Neva (14 May 2008). The Mekons: Journey To The End Of The Night". Archived from the original on 14 May 2008. Retrieved 13 May 2018. Weisbard, Eric (June 2000).
Formed in 1979, this British group began as a punk band, but Journey to the End of the Night, their first full-length release in two years, retains few of those roots. Experimenting with a blend of folk and alternative sound, the Mekons bring melancholic, brooding melodies to light. Unfortunately, the album's new material falls short of the expectations one would have of a band with such history. Although the songs on the album each have a distinct sound, a few tracks seem out of place.
Out In The Night" – 3:31. Ordinary Night" – 3:19. Power And Horror" – 2:42. Something To Be Scared Of" – 2:38
Tracklist Hide Credits
|2||Out In The Night||3:30|
|3||Last Weeks Of The War||2:59|
|4||City Of London||4:02|
|7||Cast No Shadows
Sitar [Electric Sitar] – John Rice
|9||Powers & Horror||2:42|
|11||Something To Be Scared Of||2:38|
|12||Last Night On Earth
Rhythm Guitar – Mitch Marlow*
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Quarterstick Records, Inc.
- Copyright (c) – Quarterstick Records, Inc.
- Published By – Low Noise Music
- Recorded At – MontiSound, London
- Recorded At – Corina Studios, London
- Recorded At – Stinkpole
- Recorded At – Kingsize Soundlabs
- Mixed At – Kingsize Soundlabs
- Mastered At – Kingsize Soundlabs
- Bass, Vocals – Sarah*
- Cümbüş – Lu*
- Drums – Steve*
- Fiddle – Susie*
- Guest [Deputies], Backing Vocals – Edith Frost, Kelly Hogan, Neko Case
- Mixed By, Mastered By – Kenny Sluiter*, The Mekons
- Vocals – Sally*
- Vocals, Accordion, Harmonica – Rico*
- Vocals, Guitar, Autoharp, Piano – Tom*
- Vocals, Guitar, Melodica, Other [Machines] – Jon*
- Written-By – Mekons*
NotesRecorded at MontiSound and Corina Studios in London and at Stinkpole and KingsizeSound Labs in Chicago. Mixed and Mastered at Kingsize.
Contains an 8-page booklet with all texts.
Track Durations from player.
Track 13 is an unlisted bonus, a brief reprise of "Myth."
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 036172006021
- Matrix / Runout (mirrored): MADE IN CANADA BY AMERIC DISC 1T932<0241>QS60CD
- Matrix / Runout (Variant 3): MADE IN CANADA BY AMERIC DISC 0MUS5<0241>QS60CD
- Mastering SID Code (mirrored): IFPI L482
- Mastering SID Code (Variant 3): IFPI L486
- Mould SID Code (Variant 1): IFPI 8104
- Mould SID Code (Variant 2): IFPI 8109
- Mould SID Code (Variant 3): IFPI 81A9
- Rights Society: BMI