Fyfe Dangerfield - Fly Yellow Moon album flac
Genre: Rock / Pop
Title: Fly Yellow Moon
Style: Indie Rock
FLAC version ZIP size: 1777 mb
MP3 version ZIP size: 1592 mb
WMA version ZIP size: 1293 mb
Other Formats: MP3 VQF AU RA VOX MP1 AUD
Fly Yellow Moon is the debut solo album from British artist Fyfe Dangerfield, known as the frontman of the band, Guillemots. It was released on January 18, 2010 in the United Kingdom on Polydor Records. She Needs Me" was released as the lead single in the UK, while "When You Walk in the Room" was released in the . in the UK it was given away for free on Dangerfield's web site). Faster Than the Setting Sun" was released as the second UK single.
Fyfe Dangerfield fell head over heels in love and decided to make a record. While the sentiment certainly isn’t unique, the Guillemots frontman’s solo debut isn’t content to just park its protagonist beneath his lovers’ window with a ukulele and a dozen roses (for the whole album, anyway). Dangerfield tries to capture the violent impact of Cupid’s arrow through 12 slabs of soulful, schizophrenic indie pop, and the results are as wildly erratic as their subject matter.
Album · 2010 · 14 Songs. Sarah Passmore & Fyfe Dangerfield) - Single.
Fyfe Dangerfield is so obviously the chief creative force behind his band, Guillemots, you wonder what he plans to achieve with a solo foray. Doesn’t he have enough control already? Yet Fly Yellow Moon shows he’s kept something back for himself. This album doesn’t bristle with the sonic daring of Dangerfield’s usual work; instead, it offers love songs, largely unadorned with stylistic quirks or brash arrangements, a document of a life pulling into focus. It takes time out from Guillemots’ passionate rush to have a look around. Mostly recorded in one happy bundle at the end of 2008, Dangerfield’s solo debut gathers together the flotsam of songs thought up in stolen moments around the release and tour of Guillemots’ second.
Fly Yellow Moon just can't quite solve that old problem: how to be mushy but not mundane. Dangerfield wants "to be near you all day" on the "Hallelujah"-ish "Barricades", to "put my hands around your heart" on the "No Woman No Cry"-ish "Livewire", and to "run circles around you" on the "Girl, You'll Be a Woman Soon"-ish "So Brand New". Firebird" finds him wanting to re-enact music hall staple "Daisy Bell"
Fly Yellow Moon Tracklist. 1. When You Walk In The Room Lyrics. 2. So Brand New Lyrics. 3. Barricades Lyrics. Fly Yellow Moon Q&A. Writers Fyfe Dangerfield. About Genius Contributor Guidelines Press Advertise Event Space.
Features Song Lyrics for Fyfe Dangerfield's Fly Yellow Moon album. Let's Start Again - Bonus Track Lyrics. Fyfe Dangerfield Lyrics provided by SongLyrics. Lyricapsule: The Surfaris Drop ‘Wipe Out’; June 22, 1963. RIFF’d: Nas’ ‘Nasir’. Lyricapsule: The Byrds Drop ‘Mr. Tambourine Man’; June 21, 1965.
But then, what’s obvious from Fly Yellow Moon is that the umpf of Guillemots is exactly what he wants to shake off. Unlike the also excellent music of Through The Windowpane and the not-so excellent Red, Dangerfield doesn’t smack us over the head with a specific sound until we get the point. Whereas tracks like Blue Would Still Be Blue were straight up injections of experimentation into his band’s poppy sound, his solo work finds him letting loose a whole host of sounds without experimenting with them, without layering them and without overdoing them. And it doesn’t garner mixed results
|1||When You Walk In The Room|
|2||So Brand New|
|4||High On The Tide|
|5||Faster Than The Setting Sun|
|8||She Needs Me|
|9||Don't Be Shy|
|11||She's Always A Woman|
|13||Let's Start Again|
|14||Faster Than The Setting Sun (Single Version)|
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Polydor Ltd.
- Copyright (c) – Polydor Ltd.
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Geffen UK
- Copyright (c) – Geffen UK
- Published By – Sony ATV
- Published By – EMI
- Mastered At – 360 Mastering
- Recorded At – Strongroom
- Recorded At – Urchin Studios
- Recorded At – West Heath Studios
- Made By – EDC, Germany – 52544675
- Arranged By [Strings], Arranged By [Brass] – Dangerfield*
- Artwork – Denis Gabillat
- Brass – Alex J Ward*, Antoine Guilleron, Ben Castle, Christopher Cundy*, Oren Marshall
- Drums – Jamie Morrison (tracks: 2,4-9,11-14), Matt Ingram (tracks: 1,3,10)
- Electric Guitar – Bernard Butler (tracks: 8)
- Instruments – Doctor Danger
- Mastered By – Dick Beetham
- Mixed By, Producer [Additional] – Bernard Butler (tracks: 8,14)
- Photography By – David Robinson
- Recorded By, Mixed By – Dan Cox (tracks: 11)
- Recorded By, Producer, Mixed By – Adam Noble
- Strings – Perry Montague-Mason
- Whistle – Laurence Love Greed (tracks: 4)
- Written-By – Billy Joel (tracks: 11), Fyfe Dangerfield
NotesReissue includes 4 bonus tracks
Recorded at Urchin Studios 16th - 20th December 2008
All other sessions took place at either Strongroom or West Heath Studios March - May 2009
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode (Scanned): 602527414904
- Barcode (Text): 6 02527 41490 4
- Matrix / Runout: 06025 274 149-0 01 + 52544675 [Universal logo x4]
- Matrix / Runout (Mould hub): MADE IN GERMANY BY EDC F
- Mastering SID Code: IFPI LV27
- Mould SID Code: IFPI 0157
|2727699, 006025227276991||Fyfe Dangerfield||Fly Yellow Moon (CD, Album)||Geffen Records, Geffen Records||2727699, 006025227276991||UK||2009|
|WRASS268||Fyfe Dangerfield||Fly Yellow Moon (CD, Album, RE)||Wrasse Records||WRASS268||UK||2010|
|FYFE1||Fyfe Dangerfield||Fly Yellow Moon (CDr, Album, Promo)||Geffen Records||FYFE1||UK||2009|
|2729587||Fyfe Dangerfield||Fly Yellow Moon (LP, Album + CD, Album + CD)||Geffen Records||2729587||UK||2010|
|DWT70160||Fyfe Dangerfield||Fly Yellow Moon (CD, Album)||Softlad Records||DWT70160||US||2009|