Brian Wilson - That Lucky Old Sun album flac
Genre: Rock / Pop
Title: That Lucky Old Sun
FLAC version ZIP size: 1795 mb
MP3 version ZIP size: 1435 mb
WMA version ZIP size: 1320 mb
Other Formats: ADX DMF VQF WMA DXD MOD VOX
That Lucky Old Sun (Just Rolls around Heaven All Day)" is a 1949 popular song with music by Beasley Smith and words by Haven Gillespie. Like "Ol' Man River", its lyrics contrast the toil and intense hardship of the singer's life with the obliviousness of the natural world. The biggest hit version of the song was by Frankie Laine. This recording was released by Mercury Records as catalog number 5316
That Lucky Old Sun - premiered last year on London's South Bank - is a romp by a 66-year-old through halcyon days that never existed. When he says ''when you wake up here you wake up everywhere'' it's the sound of a man who's bought into a myth of Los Angeles: one that undoubtedly contributed to him losing touch with reality in the mid-60s. Luckily, Wilson employs genius wordsmith Van Dyke Parks to toughen things up a notch, though his imagery on the spoken interludes sounds sound oddly gruff and stilted compared with the sunny eulogising going on elsewhere. 'Hucksters, hustlers and hawkers/set up their boardwalk shops/ Home for all the homeless hopeless/Well heeled and deranged'' or ''Pumps Drunk with oil/Dance like prehistoric locusts on the hills to .
Show me that river Take me across Wash all my troubles away Whilst that lucky old sun's got nothing to do But roll around heaven all day. More on Genius. About That Lucky Old Sun. A short introduction to the album, using the 1949 song of the same name (popularity covered by Frankie Laine,. This segment sets the tone of sunny nostalgia, personal turmoil and redemption that makes up the album. That Lucky Old Sun" Track Info. That Lucky Old Sun Brian Wilson. 1. That Lucky Old Sun.
Pop Rock Brian Wilson. 队列表 Pop Rock Brian Wilson That Lucky Old Sun. 添加专辑歌词. Band Name Brian Wilson. Album Name That Lucky Old Sun. Type Album.
That's what That Lucky Old Sun is all about-musically brilliant, beautifully produced & executed, with understanding and compassion and insights about his own life as well as life in general. It's gratifying and upbeat, melodically beautiful, with a rhythm as infectious as the Morning Beat he sings about on the album. Nothing, but nothing, could be further from the truth!
that lazy old California life.
Album by Brian Wilson. Morning Beat. Room With A View (narrative). Forever She'll Be My Surfer Girl. Venice Beach (narrative). Cinco De Mayo (narrative). California Role, That Lucky Old Sun (Reprise). Midnight's Another Day. Going Home. Roll-Around Heaven Reprise.
Tracklist Hide Credits
|1||That Lucky Old Sun||0:57|
|3||Narrative: Room With A View||0:45|
|4||Good Kind Of Love||3:20|
|5||Forever She'll Be My Surfer Girl||2:52|
|6||Narrative: Venice Beach||0:45|
|7||Live Let Live / That Lucky Old Sun (Reprise)||2:34|
Acoustic Bass – Brett Simons
|9||Narrative: Cinco De Mayo||0:46|
|10||California Role / That Lucky Old Sun (Reprise)||2:40|
|11||Narrative: Between Pictures||0:47|
|12||Oxygen To The Brain||3:28|
|13||Can't Wait Too Long||0:54|
|14||Midnight's Another Day||3:57|
|15||That Lucky Old Sun (Reprise)||0:43|
Electric Bass – Brett SimonsHarmonica – Tommy Morgan
Bass – Scott Bennett
|18||Good Kind Of Love
Featuring – Carole King
|19||I'm Into Something Good
Featuring – Carole KingWritten-By – Goffin And King
|20||Just Like Me And You||3:48|
- Exclusive Retailer – Best Buy
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – BriMel
- Copyright (c) – BriMel
- Licensed To – Capitol Records, LLC
- Manufactured By – Capitol Records, LLC
- Arranged By [Additional] – Darian Sahanaja, Scott Bennett
- Artwork By [Design], Photography [Additional] – Martin Venezky
- Backing Vocals – Taylor Mills
- Backing Vocals, Guitar – Nick Walusko
- Backing Vocals, Guitar, Trumpet, French Horn – Probyn Gregory
- Backing Vocals, Guitar, Ukulele – Jeffrey Foskett
- Backing Vocals, Keyboards, Bells – Darian Sahanaja
- Backing Vocals, Percussion – Nelson Bragg
- Backing Vocals, Vibraphone, Guitar [Spanish] – Scott Bennett
- Bass – Bob Lizik
- Cello – Cameron Stone, Peggy Baldwin
- Drums – Todd Sucherman
- Engineer – Mark Linett
- Engineer [Assistant At Capitol] – Aaron Walk, Paul Smith
- Engineer [Assistant At Henson] – Kevin Mills
- Mastered By – Bob Ludwig
- Mixed By – Brian Wilson, Michael Corcoran, Scott Bennett
- Orchestrated By, Saxophone, Clarinet, Flute – Paul Von Mertens
- Photography – James Minchin III
- Producer [Additional] – Scott Bennett
- Producer, Arranged By, Lead Vocals, Keyboards – Brian Wilson
- Trombone – Bruce Otto, Charlie Moralis*
- Viola – Jessica VanVelzen*
- Violin – Peter Kent , Sharon Jackson
- Woodwind – Phil Feather
NotesMastered at Gateway Mastering Studios, Portland, Maine.
℗© 2008 Brimel Under Exclusive License To Capitol Records, LLC.
Made in the U.S.A.
Printed in the U.S.A.
Carole King Appears Courtesy Of Rockingale Records.
This edition packaged in a trifold wallet-style "Soft-Pack" containing the CD, a booklet with different artwork from the outer cover, and an 8cm x 10cm merchandise flyer.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode (Printed): 5 099923 616127
- Barcode (Scanned): 5099923616127
- Matrix / Runout: A 7301 5099923616127 D80725-02
- Mastering SID Code: L388
- Mould SID Code: IFPI 6100
|509992 34147 23||Brian Wilson||That Lucky Old Sun (CD, Album)||Capitol Records||509992 34147 23||US||2008|
|TOCP-70602||Brian Wilson||That Lucky Old Sun (2xCD, Album, CD + DVD-V)||Capitol Records||TOCP-70602||Japan||2008|
|509992 34147 23||Brian Wilson||That Lucky Old Sun (CD, Album, Dig)||Capitol Records||509992 34147 23||Europe||2008|
|509992 34828 2 1||Brian Wilson||That Lucky Old Sun (CD, Album + DVD, NTSC)||Capitol Records||509992 34828 2 1||UK & Europe||2008|
|509992 34147 23||Brian Wilson||That Lucky Old Sun (CD, Album, Unofficial)||Capitol Records||509992 34147 23||Ukraine||2008|